Monday, July 25, 2011

Change In Plans

OK . . . so even though II Chronicles is very much a story and not genealogy . . . I've . . . ah . . . no desire to read it. Yeah . . .

It's kinda funny because I want to read it but just not now . . . I was so conflicted because I thought, OK, so why do I not want to read this . . . ? I felt kinda guilty because I kept skipping around and would end up just reading Psalms (not that there's anything wrong with that . . . but I felt bad because I wasn't sticking to my plan). Then yesterday, I just felt really drawn to read Galatians. I realized II Chronicles wasn't going to work.

Choosing to read Galatians was the best decision I made yesterday ; ). I'm not sure if I've ever read it before but I am now and it's really coming alive for me.

Lately I've been realizing that we are here not for popular approval but to show God to the world. I know, we grow up knowing that in the Church but there's nothing like the moment when a truth you've known all your life becomes personal. Yesterday as I was reading Galatians that point just popped off the pages in verse 10 of chapter one.

"For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ." Galatians 1:10 NKJV

I really like how the Message Bible put it also.

"Do you think I speak this strongly in order to manipulate crowds? Or curry favor with God? Or get popular applause? If my goal was popularity, I wouldn't bother being Christ's slave."

So that's it!

Well . . . actually today I read about how we are justified and that it's not by works. But since I'm only making one point per post . . . I'll save that for another time. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment