Thursday, August 4, 2011

II Samuel: first few chapters . . . blood bath.

No, I haven't switched books again . . . I just haven't been sticking with anything for very long. Yesterday I listened to a sermon by Justin McNeilus, president of GYC (Generation of Youth for Christ conference), where he shared the story of David handing the command to build the temple to Solomon. Kinda cool, cause that was just what I was reading about in the Chronicles.

Justin told the story of a couple men who David advised his son to remember. Remember the stories of these men (they were both already dead by then).

One of them was Abner from the first few chapters of II Samuel. So this morning I read a couple chapters (2 and part of 3). Boy-oh-boy . . . there is so much blood and gore in those two chapter and just plain cruelty. I was sooo surprised at some of the atrocities which were committed. I know I've read it before but that was about five years ago and clearly I don't remember much! But, man . . . CRAZY stuff! Blood literally EVERYWHERE! No wonder David wasn't allowed the build the temple! Although it wasn't all his fault, he was indirectly the cause of most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment