Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reminders of Years Past

When I canvassed in 2007 some of my favorite songs that my team sang were the scripture songs I learned as a child. Today I wasn't really feeling like experiences another list of genealogy (I Chronicles has reverted back to lists of names again) so I decided to read a random Psalm. Psalm 19 is the one I flipped to and I'm so glad I did. This Psalm of David holds a scripture song I used to sing as a child and then again as a canvasser as well as several "famous" Bible verses.

I never realized Psalm 19 was such a well known Psalm before . . . I mean we know about Psalm 23 and Psalm 119 and even Psalm 22 (which is the Psalm Jesus repeated the first verse from while he was dying on the cross—"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?")

In Psalm 19 are the verses about the heavens declaring the works of the God, and the scripture song starting with "the law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul . . ."

Finding all of this packed into this relatively short chapter was a nice surprise. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment