Saturday, July 2, 2011

Beno Before And There'll Be No . . .

When I was a kid I had a guy friend who always seemed to have REALLY bad gas! At the ages of 12 and 13 that just seemed to be what guys were majoring in as a whole. I used to tease him about it a lot.

During this time of life my mom would host Friday-night vespers at different homes for the youth to get together and study something in the Bible or play a Bible game. One Bible game we played required us to take a letter of the alphabet and find various items from the Bible that started with that letter.

Say you chose the letter 'B.' You would then need to find a proper name starting with the letter 'B,' as well as a tool, animal, town, and various other items.

Image from beanogas.com
One time my friend selected the letter 'B' and found the proper name Beno tucked away in I Chronicles 24:26. I remember thinking it was the coolest thing (I was like 13). It seemed like the perfect name for him to use! You've probably seen the ads for a gas prevention product named Beano with the slogan "Beano Before And There'll Be No Gas."

Back then when my friend found the name Beno I underlined it in my Bible so I wouldn't forget where it was. But over the years the name and significance has slipped my mind. Until today when I was reading I Chronicles 24 and came across it again. Seeing it made me smile and brought back this funny memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment