Sunday, July 10, 2011

The End of I Chronicles

I really cannot believe that I have finished I Chronicles. I once thought that I would never read this book and that it was probably THE most boring book in the Bible! How wrong I was. I grew to absolutely LOVE this book. I even discovered that my favorite hymn, Amazing Grace, takes a part from I Chronicles 17.

I will admit toward the end of the book I was ready to be done with it, as you might tell from my last post. I really didn't post much because I was mentally, emotionally, and intellectually DONE with any sort of genealogical or lists reading for the time. If you've been following along with my blog you will know that the whole book is not a long list of names or items, but instead does have many stories sprinkled in throughout it and even complete chapters that are all story. However, as I neared the end of the book it came full circle back to some lists mingled in with the story of David preparing to hand over temple plans and materials to Solomon.

Overall this book is a great read and I'm thankful I read it. I learned some really cool things about God, the children of Israel (like what their names meant . . . I'll never forget the dunghill guy from early on in the book . . . ; ) . . . or God marching in the treetops above David's army . . . very cool! And so much more!!).

If you've never read I Chronicles . . . go for it! There are awesome stories hidden in there that you've probably never heard in Sabbath/Sunday school before that will really surprise you. At least they surprised me . . . if you do read it, let me know how it goes. I'd love to compare notes and thoughts. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment