Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back To II Chronicles

So this morning I decided I need to actually start reading the book I said I was reading: II Chronicles. But today, I'm back.

And today Solomon wrote the King of Tyre a letter asking for cedars of Lebanon and a man who was skilled in working with various precious metals and cloths. It was a nice letter. But what really stood out to me was how the King of Tyre started out his letter.

He said, "Because the LORD loves His people, He had made you king over them."

Isn't that the most awesome thing to say to someone?! Because God loves His people, he has made you their leader. Because God loves this company, He has made you the president. Because God loves this school He has made you the principal.

Who says stuff like that? I've never heard that said before. But what an honor!

I mean, it's Romans 13:1b that says, "For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God."

And it's a well known fact that people live up to the expectations others have for them, so why not let them know we expect them to lead as if they are indeed a blessing from God? Hmmm . . . not really sure what this would look like, but it's just a random thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment