Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sounds Normal Enough

I'm still reading through the genealogy of I Chronicles. And I'm actually kinda enjoying it. I love names and meanings so it's probably just the right place for me. 

Today I read a name that I could see actually using: Anani. It has a nice exotic flavor to it yet is still easy enough to pronounce. I feel like I've heard it used as a name before too, but not sure on that.

Anani is found in I Chronicles 3:24 and was the son of Elioenai. Anani is also a shortened form of Ananiah which means whom Jehovah covers. Interesting to note that Anan, a name similar to Anani means cloud which is what God covered the Israelites with by day after they left Egypt.

Anani's father's name, Elioenai, means unto Jehovah my eyes are turned.

Now that sounds more like a descent family to join, rather than the guy we read about yesterday—Madmannah, the dunghill guy. Which I was also told (thanks, Pr. Eric) is the name of a city in Joshua 15:31.

No comments:

Post a Comment