Monday, June 6, 2011

All (Kinda) Found In Real Life

The names listed below are all names, or slight variations of names, I've heard before (all found in I Chronicles 4).

Carmi: a vine-dresser

Tekoa: sound of  trumpet

Ophrah: fawn

Naam: pleasentness

One of my canvassing buddies married a woman name Carme; there's a girl at my school named Tekoa;  Just remove the first 'h' in Ophrah and you've got the Queen of talk-show TV (it's a well-known fact that Oprah is a misspelling of Orpah from the book of Ruth; and Naam is another friend's wife's maiden name.

By the way, I have heard Anani used as a name before . . . because I know an Anani! . . . granted she's three-years-old (I think) and I don't see her often and when I use to I never pronounced her name correctly. (Thanks, Mrs. Parker for reminding me about her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment