Thursday, June 9, 2011

Girl Power

Reading through I Chronicles, I'm not expecting many women to be listed. It's just a fact that the men are the one's usually mentioned. However, chapter 7 has at least four women listed and others alluded to. Now I know four doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me . . . it's a lot.

And the women in this chapter weren't all just baring sons for their husbands, they are mentioned as out there accomplishing things on their own. 

One woman was particularly stunning in what she accomplished. Sheerah (daughter of Beriah) built Lower and Upper Beth Horon and Uzzen Sheerah, towns that are mentioned other places in the Bibles. I found this interesting page about her accomplishment at WomenInChrist.org. Apparently even King Solomon took time to keep up these cities during his reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment