Friday, June 3, 2011

And the Sons of ________ Were . . .

I've read I & II Samuel, I've read I & II Kings . . . and now I'm starting I Chronicles.

Unlike the start with Ezra, I'm really looking forward to this book even if the first few chapters are "so-and-so begat so-and-so."

To make the genealogy a bit more interesting I'm going to look up what some of the names mean . . . however I can't do what I did in Nehemiah. That took foooooreeeevvveer!!! But was helpful.

For Nehemiah I wrote the meanings next to the names.

However, my favorite name in all the names found in chapter 1 of Chronicles means destruction. : \ I don't think I'm going to list the name. We'll just leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. There was a fellow named Gigantic? That's pretty cool. I shall name my first born Giddel. I'm really curious what name means "destruction".

    ReplyDelete