Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wisdom = Grief & Knowledge = Sorrow

I never thought I would like Ecclesiastes. I thought that the book would just be about how much the world is "all vanity," and I didn't want to hear that because . . . well . . . for me . . . I was kinda enjoying my life here with all the stuff I had and saw and wanted.

But something has changed . . . it's called knowledge. Not that I'm any smarter . . . hardly. I just have seen another side to life on this world that isn't all about "stuff." And not only seen it . . . but been affected by it.

So today when I read the last verse in Ecclesiastes chapter one . . . I was like, This book is awesome . . . cause I totally feel like this . . . 

"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." 

Sorry for the bummed-out post . . . but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment