Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Politics

Yesterday I was confronted with a lot of politics . . . in the ministry. It's always annoying to see that—politics in the Church. People who are both trying to reach someone yet believing they first have to fight their brother who is also trying to reach that person only a SLIGHTLY different way. Oh well.

Sometimes you just want to walk away and say forget it . . . and then you think of that person caught in the middle who probably is thinking the same thing you are and then . . . that's when I get upset . . . angry actually . . . that because of two differing views on the same thing, we . . . the Church . . . are pushing people away who are able to think and see above the politics. We just think our position is so important.

So . . . I'm still reading Ecclesiastes . . . haha . . . it's kinda nice actually because it's all the emotions I'm feeling . . . this whole charade is just vanity . . . grasping for the wind . . . while getting nothing . . . barely the people you try to reach . . .

So the verse that struck my chord today was Ecc. 2:17:

"Therefore I hated life because the work that was done under the sun was distressing to me, for all is vanity and grasping for the wind."
Yeah . . . distressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment